Thursday, January 14, 2010

ahhh peace

in this crazy world where we live is tooo easy to get distracted and lose peace ~ but then i have to stop and listen to the quiet inner voice of the Holy Spirit and am reminded of what really matters

the story of Peter walking on the water is such a great metaphor for me ~ its in Matthew 14:22-33. Matthew 14:29-30 says "And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out saying Lord, save me!"

I think a great deal happened for Peter between those two sentences but to me the main thing is that he took his eyes off Jesus and looked at what was going on around him and then began to sink. it reminds me to always (as much as possible) keep the eyes of my heart focused on my Lord and not my life.

I'm glad the Holy Spirit is patient with me and loves me! I'm learning .. . .i hope you are too!

No comments: