Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm not ready

This is it!! Rachie's FIRST nap in her crib!!!

I'm not ready for her to be out of our room yet at night. She has slept in her bassinet in our room since she came home and I really like it!! I like having her close so I can hear her in the night. Most nights, she just moves around and I wake up. This avoids a crying fit that would wake up the neighborhood. I like it!! I feel good about responding to her and caring for her when she needs me.
But the problem is that she's growing out of the bassinet. I'm excited and sad about that. And not ready for her to move to the crib full time. SOooo, I decided to let her nap during the day in the crib so we both can get used to it.
Yesterday was the first time I tried it!!! Hence the pictures. My mom said it was a big milestone. So I took pix! She had a hard time falling asleep at first. When I laid her down, she just looked around like "Where am I???" I had to swaddle and rock her to sleep. Once she was asleep, she did great!!!
But she slept in the bassinet last night!!!! Maybe in a couple of weeks I will feel better about going all night. I have baby monitors but that does not make me feel better at this point. I want my baby close to me!! So sue me!!!

7 comments:

Shannon2-24 said...

Hard change, I know!
When is your goal to only use the crib?

Keith's first time was also one week prior to 4 months.. just like Rachel! How funny and neat. We had Keith sleep exclusively in there when he began.. and we had his crib in our room too!! Ha ha, ya that's what made it easier.. he was only another 4 feet away. : D

Josh worked at home at that time, and we had Josh's desk in the extra room. So he was in the crib in our room from 4 months until 8 1/2 mo. (Dec. 30) since Josh was no longer allowed to work at home. Boeing changed guidelines (an employee's laptop was stolen- so they increased security)

It was a little sad at that point also-- yet so nice to not tippy-toe around and be oh-so-careful to not make much noise. ~stress-trip~ hee hee

In Jan. or Feb.? we had a strong wind storm.. there were so many trees behind our home, I was struck with a deep fear a tree would fall on his room.. a lesson to trust God.. I prayed hard that night!!! First time to have a threat to him so far from me. So sweet that God sticks so near at all times.

Mommy Mere Pete said...

No goal as of yet ~ we will see ~ she is getting better about sleeping in there during the day but still likes to be swaddled ~ which is fine with me ~

God has truly blessed us with her!!! She is one of the greatest gifts God has given me!!! Psm 127:3 is the amazing truth!!!!

Shannon2-24 said...

4 months today~~ yay!!!!

YAY!
YAY!!
YAY!!!
YAY!!!!

LOVE, AUNT

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

FIRST NAP whooooooooohooooooooooooooo! you go girl

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

you are doing waaay better
than i

my kitten still sleeps with me

shhhh, don't tell anyone

Mommy Mere Pete said...

that's our secret Kat!!

Unknown said...

mine slept with me for the first year or 18 months, till their daddy kicked them out... our bed was getting smaller :)