Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The newest stuff and I cry a lot

Here we are in the house ~ yippeeeee!!!!!!!!! Its amazing and we love it!!! Soooooo much space!!!! We have almost everything up and put away.

Its also Christmas ~ that's VERY happy for me!!!! However, we are broke and I didn't think we would be able to get a tree ~ sad.

See, I love a real tree and hate a fake one. Its all because when I was about 14 we were having a very hard year as a family. Mom said we weren't going to decorate. I told Mom that I didn't care how old I got we NEEDED to decorate. Then a few days later I saw a REAL tree on the back porch and ran out to it and cried as I smelled it. Somehow, that tree brought great healing to me.

Since I've lived on my own I've had a real tree. But like I said, we are broke. In despiration for a tree, yesterday I started looking around the house for a fake tree of my Granny's but didn't have time to search very hard (three kids to care for and all). Then about 10 till 11 the doorbell rang ~ that's strange wasn't expecting anyone. I open the door to see a REAL TREE and Tim comes from around it and says "Christmas tree for you!!!" I start crying and of course let him in!!! My Daddy God is the BEST!!!

See, when I was a kid and my mom cried, it was a big deal. Mom doesn't cry ~ something was wrong. However, I cry ALL THE TIME, it seems. SO I can see my Rachie at 4 or 5 calling Jere saying "Daddy, Mommy is crying AGAIN!!!!" May it be a great memory for her ~ her mommy crying for joy over her!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

having a parent who is moved has great benefit. my dad is a cryer, and that was nice because i always knew what was going on with him. i didn't have to wonder. and i always knew the difference between whether he was crying tears of sorrow or joy.

Mommy Mere Pete said...

Its who I am and she will love it ~ thanks for the comment ~ its encouraging!! I love you!!

Shannon2-24 said...

I'm so happy you two have a bigger home.. and the benefits of being out of an apt. Yay! : )

& real wood floors-- awesome~ so healthy, especially for when Rachel is crawling.

& real tree-- the BEST.. I'm the same way. Love the smell & feel. I'm glad you were blessed by Tim.

Parents willing to cry are a treasure-- humble & open. My dad gave me a great example.. and I'm already passing it on to my children too. The day you posted this, earlier that morning, before I read this, while disciplining Keith, I had so much longing for him to long to obey more (his disobedience had been increasing) I cried encouraging him to obey.

Yes- tears for joy & sorrow.. I'm glad for Beth too! Keep crying everyone~ hee hee.. not a common thing to encourage!