Friday, October 31, 2008

5 weeks old!!!


These are from her month old birthday, Oct. 24th. She is 5 weeks old and I just posted her birth story. Rachel's first month was pretty good. She slept about 4 hours at a time at night and my cut is healing. Her Aunt Bethy spent the first week and a half with me during the day. She was a life saver to me. Our church family made dinner for us from the Saturday we got home to the next Tuesday night. God provided for us with a great temperory job for Jere. And breast feeding is going well. When Rachel was a week old, she went to her first appointment with Dr Stowe. She had lost a whole pound since her birth. Dr Stowe was concerned. I started feeding her every two hours and she gained 15 oz in a week. When we went for her one month check up, she weighed 8 lbs 4.5 oz!!! Dr Stowe called her Miss Piggy and said she was not concerned about her weight any more!! Good job, Mom!!!
Right after she turned a month old, she started sleeping about 6 hours a night!!! We are trying to get into a routine of bathtime before bedtime. Jere and I give her a bath together. It's fun!!!

1 comment:

Shannon2-24 said...

Wow, look at her! One month cuteness. I love baby yawns.

Awesome job-- the way you built her weight up. Such dedication!

Yes, bathtime for baby is sweet. I'm glad Jeremy likes to share in it too.

6 hrs at 1 mo - wonderful!! Because she is taken care of well!